Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Camp Overview

Okay, okay, I admit that the last post was mostly zip about camp and too much about mountains of New Zealand. This post, though, is my overview of camp.

Camp was really fun. There were lots of pros, but also lots of cons. I mean, yes it was cool to see nature, but GETTING THERE... you know what I mean.

On Tuesday we departed from school around quarter to ten. It took ninety LONG minutes to drive there! I have to say, though, it was worth it when we neared the finish of our first tramp... we had lunch at the Taranaki falls, then actually walked under them, to be greeted by a yummy roast dinner. Mmm...

On Wednesday we woke up, at 6! It's WAY earlier than normal, plus we'd gone to sleep later than usual. I couldn't believe it! We set off for an eight hour walk, and it seemed longer. You might think Mt Ngauruhoe and the Emerald Lakes (which are only ten minutes away, okay) are pretty in calendars, but up close? Heaven. We came back to a movie, a shower and well-deserved fish and chicken bites.

On Thursday we went to the visitors centre, and watched two 20 minute long movies. we then had to write about what we saw and heard. Later we went to the possibly scariest thing- the caves! Imagine my fear at the mouth of a tiny, dark, underground, WETA-FILLED cave. EEK! I faced my fear and came back feeling not-so-scared.

On Friday we went for a walk round Lake Rotopanamu. Then, driving back, I felt completely awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment